FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » Spell checking on linux
Re: Spell checking on linux [message #26344 is a reply to message #26339] Mon, 26 April 2010 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 10:41

Also, note that that there is SpellerDictionaries folder on sf.net. Maybe somebody should work on getting more .scd files there Smile

All you need is a plain text list of all correct words for language, then use uppbox/MakeSpellScd to create .scd file.

I'm aware of the sf.net dictionaries, but the selection is rather limited Smile I was already looking for opensource dictionaries that could be converted to scd. The best solution I found so far would be to convert aspell dictionaries. They are GPL licensed, which is not optimal, but better than nothing. I'll try to investigate how to convert them.

A part of the documentation will definitely be a list of available dictionaries with direct download links to sf.net. Also, thinking about it now, it should be rather easy to add a menu item to theide "Fetch spellcheck dictionary..." which would ask for language and try to fetch the file from sf.net and install it.

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to define the width of a table?
Next Topic: Using QTF the easiest way (specially for Newbies)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:23:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02114 seconds