Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » GtkWidget inside U++
Re: GtkWidget inside U++ [message #26862 is a reply to message #26859] Thu, 03 June 2010 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Thu, 03 June 2010 19:23

Well, chameleon creates and (mis)uses Gtk widgets, but I am not sure it counts... Smile

But perhaps it would be possible to extend and create event inputs and outputs for gtk widgets. Not sure it is worth the effort...

BTW, one thing I would like to have is possibility to use gtk file selector. Unfortunately, things are not pretty, as in X11, we would have to use Gtk event loop, which means no events would ever get propagated back to U++, which means that out windows would be inactive (including paint events) while Gtk dialog is displayed...

Hi Mirek,

Creating the widget (as chameleon does) is simple, but using it is completely different story Smile

In between I came to the same conclusion (and Andrei told me he hit the problem some time ago too). To get gtk widgets working, the gtk event loop must run, which ruins the rest of the app. I wonder if it would be possible to emulate the events for gtk using U++ event loop... But I'm probably not even trying to write that Smile

The reason why I ask this was web_view, the widget allowing really simple use of Webkit. Libwebkit is available on most Linux distros, win and mac as well. Well, looks like someone will have to write an U++ port of Webkit Smile

Thanks for your response,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there an example/links how to use X11 DHCtrl?
Next Topic: howto best Ctrl Refresh handling w/ MT & very frequent refreshes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 12:16:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02370 seconds