Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » NEW: Dispatcher (templateable dispatcher helper for MVC pattern and more)
Re: NEW: Dispatcher (templateable dispatcher helper for MVC pattern and more) [message #27318 is a reply to message #27316] Mon, 12 July 2010 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hey koldo..

it's a veeeery simple 1-to-many messages forwarder (dispatcher). the code doesnt do much more than
template<class T>
void Dispatcher<T>::DoDispatch(const T & o, unsigned param) const
{
	for(int i = 0; i < B::GetCount(); i++)
	{
		Dispatchable<T> * dest = B::operator[](i);
		if(dest)
			dest->Dispatch(o, param);
	}
}

where B:: is the base class container

the MVC pattern often times uses Dispatchers to pass around data, i.e. when a mode has many views, some genrated data needs to be displayed in each of the views, so it needs to be forwarded / dispatched.

imagine i.e your app generates data, that you want to be forwarded or displayed in more than one place. on multiple tabs or sth.. or some controller classes that listen for some kind of info to come in and generate more action.

it's actually a 'data link', 1-to-many.

for sure, the examples provided could be solved by just hooking up all the Ctrl's using callbacks. but this is too static, if zou imageine, you need to specify somehow dynamicly, who is about to receive stuff, or add or remove receivers, than your out. the hook up in code remains unchangable.

genrally, i think this Dispatcher thing also could be done using callbacks (a Vector<Callback>), but they tend not to enforce you to stick to some API, so using an interface class (Dispatchable<T>) makes sure you dont forget to implement the right function to receive stuff.

But i might try to provide a callback implementation as well, just for completeness.

i hope this was a bit more clear.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LED Ctrl (for characters and numbers)
Next Topic: Single Threaded RS232
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 07:36:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02008 seconds