Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » JavaScriptCore
JavaScriptCore [message #27274] Sat, 10 July 2010 14:59 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello friends!

I happened to be stuck for a few days away from my computer, with just an old windows pc. So having nothing better to do, I installed theide and started to dig into WebKits JavaScriptCore.

After few days of head banging and hair pulling Smile , I managed to get all the code to compile and link with mingw. And what is more important, it can be used within an U++ application.

As of now, I have a simple interactive console parser (think of calculator in theide, just with JS instead of Esc) based on jsc from WebKits tree (they use it for testing) rewritten in U++. The parser is small, about 100 lines of code, but JavaScriptCore is way too big post all the code here. If someone is interested I can post instructions how to get the code and necessary patches later. For now, you can download the binary files here (8MB). Also, there are still some obstacles, like dependence on ICU library (17MB of dlls Confused ), but I believe it can be solved in near future (some WebKit ports work without it, so I guess we can too).

As soon as I get better feeling about how this thing work, I plan to write some nicer U++ style interface around the library, so that anyone can use it from within their apps. And of course, as soon as I get back to my computer, I try the same on linux.

I hope that having JavaScriptCore available in U++ will be useful for someone. But most importantly, it is the first step towards WebKit in U++ Wink

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message