FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » JavaScriptCore
Re: JavaScriptCore [message #27277 is a reply to message #27275] Sat, 10 July 2010 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Sat, 10 July 2010 16:23

Sounds very very good.

Webkit itself, any chances? Anybody?

Hi Mirek,

I was hoping this will drag someones attention so I don't have to do the WebKit port all by myself Wink But in worst case, I will definitely at least try...

I cleaned the things up a bit, so here are the "How to do this at home" instructions Smile

1. Get the WebKit sources from SVN:
    cd C:\upp
    svn checkout http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk/JavaScriptCore WebKit\JavaScriptCore
    You could also get the full trunk, but for now it is not necessary
  2. Patch the sources: Download the attachment of this message, inside is directory JavaScriptCore, which contains .upp file and three files that need to be patched. The directory structure is the same, so it should be save just to copy it over the original directory tree.
  3. Copy API headers: Because of the way how WebKit is normally built, it expects some of the headers in JavaScriptCore\JavaScriptCore, so we have to copy it in there.
    cd C:\upp\WebKit\JavaScriptCore
    copy API\*.h JavaScriptCore
  4. Create look-up tables: Some parts of JavaScript core use look-up tables which are usually generated in makefile, but we have to do it ourselves for now.
    python create_regex_tables > yarr/RegExpTables.h
    perl create_hash_table parser/Keywords.table > parser/Lexer.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/RegExpConstructor.cpp -i > runtime/RegExpConstructor.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/MathObject.cpp -i > runtime/MathObject.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/JSONObject.cpp -i > runtime/JSONObject.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/DatePrototype.cpp -i > runtime/DatePrototype.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/ArrayPrototype.cpp -i > runtime/ArrayPrototype.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/StringPrototype.cpp -i > runtime/StringPrototype.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/RegExpObject.cpp -i > runtime/RegExpObject.lut.h
    perl create_hash_table runtime/NumberConstructor.cpp -i > runtime/NumberConstructor.lut.h
    perl pcre/dftables pcre/chartables.c
    Sorry for the slashes, I did this in cygwin so they are unix style, if you have windows perl or python, you have to rewrite them. In case you don't have perl or python I added them into the attached file as well. They are in the lut directory, just copy them to correct places.
  5. Download ICU: Download and extract the library from http://download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/4.4.1/icu4c-4_4_ 1-Win32-msvc9.zip. If you have 64b windows, you might need to download different file. I extracted this file into C:\upp\Webkit. If you put it somewhere else, you will have to change the following paths accordingly. Now it is necessary to make mingw aware of ICU, so we add C:\upp\WebKit\icu\include to include directories and C:\upp\WebKit\icu\lib in lib directories in build methods.
  6. Setup assembly: Create new assembly from the C:\upp\WebKit and C:\upp\uppsrc nests.
  7. Get jsc package: The last directory in the attachment file is jsc. That is the interpreter package. Just copy it into C:\upp\WebKit.

Doesn't look really difficult, right? The worst part was getting all the switches in wtf/Platform.h right Smile If I didn't forget something, you should be now able to compile, link and run jsc. If I did forget something, let me know Wink

Honza

EDIT: Corrected paths in upp file and reuploaded the attachment.
EDIT2: I knew I forgot something Smile One more lookup table, now added.
EDIT3: Hopefully last one... Forgot to mention ICU dlls (from C:\upp\WebKit\icu\bin) must be either on PATH or in the same directory as the final executable. But you all probably know that Wink
  • Attachment: jsc_all.zip
    (Size: 35.04KB, Downloaded 255 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 10 July 2010 21:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message