FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Full install package for Windows
Re: Full install package for Windows [message #28814 is a reply to message #28805] Fri, 17 September 2010 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Rishi wrote on Fri, 17 September 2010 14:10

But the combination I mentioned is full-permissive and they never tried for SUCK licensing like GPL. We can 'trust' the combination. Anyway, there needs to be a package manager for easy installation and a 'template manager' for templates to create projects easily and duplicate them. (like stupid devpacks, dev-c++ authors had been trying to develop devpacks instead of the dev-cpp IDE. Thats why it fell down underground.)
Important packages:
Please pack the following in precompiled library form (*.lib, *.dll, *.so, *.a)
Please don't ask people to build it.
1.Anyone please compile boost for windows under MinGW -- it is too hard to compile
2.Mesa3d
3.OGRE
4.libcurl
5.OpenSL if possible or (OpenSL ES)
6.PortMIDI
7.Allegro
8.libxml
9.xlib
10.zlib
11.Efl or some toolkit

It is very difficult to open package configuration and edit list of libraries, so template manager helps us a lot.

SDL maintains a suck-licensing method, so avoid it. Sad

Hello Rishi

A lot of work to do Smile. If you know them well you can help by doing wrapper packages at least with the very basics (like GLCtrl Smile).

About SDL, its license requires for commercial programs to include it dynamically. In fact this is the preferred way to link this kind of packages by default, so it does not hurt me much Smile.

I am working a lot with SDL now. If you know any valid proposal with a more free license please post it.

Best regards
IƱaki

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message