FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Commercial applications developed with U++
Re: Commercial applications developed with U++ [message #29077 is a reply to message #29065] Mon, 04 October 2010 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
281264 wrote on Mon, 04 October 2010 11:35

We can see the limited actual impact of U++; in view of this, a table a question to the U++ creators/developers: what is the strategy behind U++? What has been U++ developed for?

Hello,

It was developed for very practical purpose and clear target. Here you can see commercial applications
http://ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$apps$en-us.html
developed by their team leaders. At that time for them was better to build a new tool and library instead to use the existing ones.

Quote:

IMO, there isn’t a clear target. Perhaps it is just to provide a free superb programming tool, which allows creating commercial applications without LGPL related restrictions. But unless the popularity of U++ increases, U++ is doomed not to survive very long.

At some moment they decided to make public their work and make a great gift to us. With it I did a commercial application
http://www.vegachess.com/tl/index.php/Home_page_English.html
that is one of best in its field and the only able to run in linux and windows. I started as a C++ beginner and I was helped by the forum.

Upp has everything I need. The community is superb and add new stuff when one face new problem and solve it with Upp.
I do not share your warry.

I suppose other users/developers, as me, use it because with Upp their real work is easier and faster than other tools around.
For me was easy to find this site when I was looking for a library to realize my needs. If other people miss this chance it's a pity fot them.
If some years ago I had chosen the most popular widget library now I was somewhere else. Popularity itself is not a value.

Luigi

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2010 16:45]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is "luluxiu" real, (spam)bot, or an attempt at breeding AI? :)
Next Topic: Windows 7 and U++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:38:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds