FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » The power of Waf
Re: The power of Waf [message #29443 is a reply to message #29441] Wed, 20 October 2010 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Lionel!

I am very happy to see my work is appreciated and even inspired you Smile Also, I fully agree with the idea that U++ should be as stand-alone as possible. TheIDE is a great tool, but there are situations where some other IDE might be necessary or only build script is required. The more various systems we can support, the better.

I had a look into the script, but haven't tried it yet. Since waf is python based, it should be actually quite simple to write the parser for .upp files (definitely not "HARD" as you state in the notes Wink ). If it was possible to write in make (and later rewritten into shell script), it must be a piece of cake in python Wink I know some python and I'm also quite familiar with the internals of .upp files Wink , so I can help you a bit.

The additional files (CtrlLib/SSetings.cpp etc.) won't be a problem once you have at least basic parser. And here "basic" can mean a single regexp in python Very Happy Feel free to contact me if you need help/advice/psychologic support Wink

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Thoughts about resource management
Next Topic: U++ inspires other projects and languages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 17:03:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02445 seconds