FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Callback (THISBACK) Improve
Re: Callback (THISBACK) Improve [message #30252 is a reply to message #30232] Mon, 20 December 2010 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

kohait00 wrote on Fri, 17 December 2010 12:01

i found out that the last change didnt really work and started to scratch Callback layer and found out many inconsistancies in name and usage.. so the past day i was restructuring the code blocks and renaming what was needed.

also, the changes recently made did not support the in-callback type conversion, i.e specifying a callback for float but parametrizing it with int.. this is corrected.

further more, i have extended Callback and Gate and unified their definitions.

since the code grew quite a bit with all that, i have grouped the stuff by count of arguments passing to THISBACK. so you will find a Callback0.h for THISBACK stuff, Callback1.h for THISBACK1, etc..
Callback.h simply includes them all..

just see the code. i think it's pretty clean now and easy to extend if needed, since all Callbacks now have same respective template type names accordingly. i havent changed the code in terms of function, but some naming issues to be more clean, i.e.

struct CallbackMethodActionArg1_2 : public Callback2Action<P1, P2> {}

//to

struct Callback2MethodActionArg1 : public Callback2Action<P1, P2> {}

because they made name clashes when extending..

for testing, i have compiled a major application, and also TheIDE, which both still work Smile and also created a test app where all the combinations are listed to check right compilation. there, you will find the new added combinations and those still not supported.

i also added a STDBACK, STDBACK1, etc. helper, when dealing with non THISBACK functions (because i always have to remeber the syntax for those..)

EDIT:

there are now versions to reduce a callback's attributes by one, specifying a parameter from right, yiedling a callback with one parameter less..

i also found some templates for non thiscall's that use class R template type for return value, whereas callbacks are supposed to be void returning. is this a remanent of old times or is it 'by design'?

Nice work!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message