FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Callback (THISBACK) Improve
Re: Callback (THISBACK) Improve [message #30359 is a reply to message #30339] Sun, 26 December 2010 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
mirek wrote on Sat, 25 December 2010 11:01

kohait00 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2010 11:13

i was waiting for this feature long time, meanwhile, i had to pass all the other combinations grouping them together in a TupleX<>.

Actually, and that is bad in what sense? Smile

I am not about extending stuff here, but for 10 years we could quite happilly live with the current set, occasionally packing the set of parameters into some struct. I would say that if your code overflows with multiparameter callbacks, there is something bad with it...

no it's not bad :)no question about that. it only was bit more of a hassle and write, to put them all together.

my motivation was to clean up actually. the extending brought me there. i often ran into situations where a callbackX comination was needed but not present and i also wanted to extend, but hesitated to start to wrap my mind around callback infrastructure in depths. when tojocky extended the callbacks it was more clearly visible where and what to do. so i have seen that the code blocks could be restructured a bit more to easy find and extend things if needed.

i might take a look and remove/separate all the callbacks extensions in an extra package, sth. like a CallbackEx, for those who like it. but this still would involve to update some of them because of name clashes.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message