Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Conditional breakpoints
Re: Conditional breakpoints [message #30569 is a reply to message #30119] Sun, 09 January 2011 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

I have had a closer look at the Pdb class and related parts of theide and I have to confess that I am seriously confused. At first look, it appears that theide implements it's own debugger. Looking e.g. in Pdb::AddBp(), I see that to add breakpoint theide directly changes the memory of the debugged process. Also the huge size of Pdb class code (compared to Gdb) hints that it is way more complicated.

Mirek, could you give me a quick overview about how this beast works? Just a few sentences about the design and hint where to look at start would be fine. Also, if my idea about how this works is correct, could you tell me why doesn't theide use e.g. cdb.exe, that comes with the SDK, in similar manner as gdb is used? It seems to be much simpler at first glance, so there must be some serious reason...

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message