FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Assist for include files
Re: Assist for include files [message #31048 is a reply to message #31047] Wed, 02 February 2011 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

raxvan wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 11:30

dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 10:17

Good idea, although I have to warn you that it might not be as easy as it seems. I did attempt something similar once (showing annotation in the editor), but failed. AssistEditor code is quite a jungle Smile
I can see Smile, but i find the ide code really easy to understand.
Yes, once you *find* what you are looking for, then it is really easy to read Very Happy

raxvan wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 11:30

I want to show the files in all the assembly paths from the current project. Also the files from include directories. I'm thinking to do a scan in advance but in this case i have to handle all the changes (add file, remove file, etc).

Is there some point to suggest non-project packages from assemblies? In 99% of cases you have to add the package to make any use of the headers inside. The files from include directories are different situation of course, and it makes sense to suggest them. I'd personally prefer creating a list at the start of theide and check for changes only on request (on Assist -> Rescan code). You will see how fast you can write it, if it would delay starting too much, you would have to do some trickery e.g. creating the list in a background task (can be done using callbacks).

Actually it would be nice if some of the present scanning was rewritten into separate threads... That would speed things nicely, since the disk I/O heavy task (including yours) could be done in background, while user could already work.

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message