Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Introduction (Howard Lee Harkness)
Introduction (Howard Lee Harkness) [message #31291] Sat, 19 February 2011 03:35 Go to previous message
CppMod is currently offline  CppMod
Promising Member
I happened to be the moderator "on duty" when I got an announcement message for U++ submitted to comp.lang.c++.moderated yesterday. To do due diligence, I checked out the URL given in the message, which led me here. I haven't had time to grok all of U++, but I hope to find a good use for it. The whole idea behind U++ appeals to me.

Some newbie questions, though... Does U++ had a TDD library (such as CPPUnit)? I see that there is an initiative to compose a book about U++. Is the documentation in a form that would make extraction of a book/course notes/tutorial/etc possible from a single body of documentation? I co-authored a course with Dr. Oberg (of Object Innovations), which we did in XML so that generation of course material, tutorial, and book was just a matter of which way we parsed it. Something very much like that should be possible with CSS.

One last one: It isn't obvious how to enter a photo to use as my avatar. Do I need to use a URL where it says "image"? UPDATE: I found it, and uploaded my photo. Now awaiting approval, I guess. The photo is really me, gray beard and all.

I'll try not to stay a newbie long Smile

611bb927f8731cdc83c3f1eb09e758ac

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2011 03:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to add controls from bazaar in my apps ?
Next Topic: expected template name ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 13:18:26 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02203 seconds