Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Linking problem
Re: Linking problem [message #31370 is a reply to message #31309] Fri, 25 February 2011 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Sorry for late response, I was quite busy in my new job...

I installed Natty in VirtualBox (it finally works again with new version Smile ) and played a bit with the linking. What I found is that it sometimes complains about missing libraries even when they are specified, for example Xrender. It looks like the --start-group/--end-group commands don't work as supposed. If I understood the ld documentation correctly, it should cause ld to scan all the enclosed archives (object files, libs and archives) repeatedly, until all the symbols are resolved. I think there might be some bug in the toolchain itself or in its setting.

The only library that is really missing is freetype, which should be added to Draw.upp exactly as Andrei said above. The rest of the problems can be resolved by simply rearranging the -l options at the end of the command line, which should be quite easy to do in theide code, but I am not sure if that is an universal solution...

I will look into it more deeply during the weekend. It turns out it is not as trivial problem as it seemed at the beginning Smile

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message