Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Linking problem
Re: Linking problem [message #31382 is a reply to message #31309] Sat, 26 February 2011 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,

I've got more news... It seems that the linking command line on natty is somehow wrong ordered. It lists libraries BEFORE the archives files with code that uses them, which in conjunction with the wrong behavior of grouping causes most of the trouble. See attached file for details and comparison to the command line produced on my Arch Linux.

So far I have no idea why the order is different on natty than on my system. The builder code is the same on both, and I didn't found any reason (yet) that could make a difference... Any hints? If I reorder the libraries manually (just puting the -l options after .a files from the same package), it links perfectly normal.

Also, the XRender in CtrlCore is not necessary, it just doubles the -lXRender on the command line. That is not harmful of course, just a minor "beauty issue" Smile

Honza
  • Attachment: linking.txt
    (Size: 16.22KB, Downloaded 372 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message