Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » other languages corner in the forum ?
Re: other languages corner in the forum ? [message #31448 is a reply to message #31416] Thu, 03 March 2011 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Well, part of learning C++ properly is to learn English too IMO.

It's not like we will punish somebody who does not want to learn English. Most of people here will support people in their native language, but to be active UPP community member and to help with development, it is required to speak English at least a bit. You don't have to be perfect (some UPP devs obviously aren't Very Happy ), but with other languages there's no real future to help with UPP development.

If you want just to use UPP as an APP developer, the need for English is much weaker (of course if you do understand the UPP API itself and don't need docs too much), so I can imagine being UPP app developer without English, it's ok and possible (the framework itself does focus on multilingual support a lot). It will be just more difficult to get support.

About corner in this forum... My opinion is hardly relevant, and I have difficult time to form some. I have seen already some people posting here trough translators (in very bad English), and yet most of the time we were able to help them, so I'm slightly in favor of English only official forum. Then again, just check my very first sentence of this post, and it's obvious I'm biased. Very Happy

edit:
and to answer yours "Will you help me on this forum, and participate using Google translate ?":
From me basically no, only in exceptional cases.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2011 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message