Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Proposed change to U++ to allow owning children.
Re: Proposed change to U++ to allow owning children. [message #32160 is a reply to message #32081] Thu, 28 April 2011 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
just as promised here comes my current test package, it's really a test package.

it can create on the fly new controls (which are meant to be hooked to a specific interface which is not yet finished). the gui can be saved and restored.

just a short description:
* go to live work tab
* click small rectangle at top left in view area, this will switch to edit mode
* click some control, it becomes selected and the properties are displayed and can be modified on the fly (live work)
* moving can be performed just as used from RectCtrl, if ever tried, use STRG, SHIFT as modifiers to restrict movements..
* while moving a control, hold ALT to move it *into* another, adding it as child, or move it outside its parent.. very fluid.

* the bottom frame of view area has got a Ctrl prototypes factory, it uses the same moving + hold ALT means to place the prototype onto the surface of another control or view area. the factory recreates the control in its own view area again.
* moving + hold ALT a control from somewhere into the factory again will leave it there pending for delete. the next control moved to the factory will toggle a remove of the previous. thus you can move a 'deleted' control back to surface if you change your mind.

* i'm extending the current Ctrl with an interface that manages the ownership of similar controls. it wont own Ctrl's that are not derived from that interface.

beeing already said its only my test environment. it's not complete. but it's what i plan to do. basicly inspired from
jazzmutant's lemur control (if ever heared of it, thus a python console is to be included there as well, see BoostPyTest in bazaar).

let me know if that goes in your direction.
i admit, Ctrl having ownership means would greatly simplify this all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message