Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » How to use callbacks with "embedded" controls...
Re: How to use callbacks with "embedded" controls... [message #2544 is a reply to message #2541] Mon, 17 April 2006 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
forlano wrote on Mon, 17 April 2006 08:33

My mistake is that I continue to think in C style where all the functions are global and I can jump from one place to another.
Instead now I must put the callback in the right place. It is not immediate but I'll learn.

Luigi

I noticed one your mistake that you tend to think and want to install callbacks (and access methods) from down up or from inside out. It should be opposite way, IMHO. I mean, you should imagine your classes (or instances) like russian matrioshka doll, if you know such term.
And in most cases you should start your access analysis from the biggest doll then going inside to the smallest ones (members or children). This way you find then right place for your callback assignment.
In paralel you can think about your callback function body (not its place!), and make it even before you install a callback and test it with one more temporary function.

This is my method of programming. Others might offer different approaches.

If that helps...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to create a non modal dialog
Next Topic: ForlanoVega ArrayCtrl console app...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 11:13:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01184 seconds