Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Problem Launching stable IDE on OpenBSD 4.8-stable
Re: Problem Launching stable IDE on OpenBSD 4.8-stable [message #32072 is a reply to message #32071] Wed, 20 April 2011 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Col. Builder,
Welcome to the forum Smile

Col. Builder wrote on Wed, 20 April 2011 05:39

I had to tweak the uppsrc/Makefile to account for many of my headers and libraries being under /usr/local/include, /usr/local/lib.

I guess I can add those folders to the Makefile defaults to be more OpenBSD friendly...

As for the invalid memory access, it is hard to tell... Could you try to run it in debugger and post a backtrace when the error happens? (You might need to recompile theide with -g in CFLAGS and tweak the ar invocation in AR variable to get executable with debugging symbols...).

Also you could try to compile some simpler apps from examples/tutorial/reference directory, to see how deep the problem lays. E.g. wc (this one uses Core only) and Days (just basic GUI), both are in examples directory.

Meanwhile, I'll try to install OpenBSD in virtual machine to see if I can reproduce the problem...

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message