Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Excluding files from build depending on flags
Re: Excluding files from build depending on flags [message #33861 is a reply to message #33857] Mon, 19 September 2011 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi all Smile

Fudadmin : the problem is *not* how to do it with your code, is to import external libraries without patching them, if possible.
As I said in my post, GUARDS ARE NOT INCLUDED inside those library files.

To make importing of external libs easier, we're missing :

1) Ability to exclude a file from build (or maybe, force include some if it has a weird extension).
The freetype library, for example, has many c files included by others; I had to leave them out of packaged managed files... it works but it's not an optimal solution

2) a way to thell Upp where to search include files if they're in a weird location/have a weird format. FTGL and fretype had many of those, I had to patch almost all includes, and that's bad when you maintain a package.

3) a way to conditionally disable compilation of some modules. Most unix libs are configured by configure file which exclude/include some modules in makefile, depending on platform. That could be done by flag-dependence in Upp.

First problem is easy to solve; about the second, I don't know... maybe it's enough to append a package-dependent path to include search when building the package.

I'm importing OpenCascade libraries, which are a real nightmare... they've got all those problems and many more.
I'm doing it with an application that reads the whole library sources, patch them and writes to Upp package destination.... as they're thousands of files, a manual approach would be almost impossible.

Max

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2011 22:20]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Where I find other templates?
Next Topic: Cannot add packages to main package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:49:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02003 seconds