Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » A couple of requests to help importing source libraries
Re: A couple of requests to help importing source libraries [message #35091 is a reply to message #35087] Wed, 11 January 2012 09:31 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Smile

@Dolik : the script is already mostly ready, that's not a problem. I've already packaged OCC once, but with a script that moved viles around and pacthed them to "adapt" to Upp structure (and to clean a bit the arrangements...).
But, that one makes *very* difficult to submit patches for it, as I have to diff my patched files against a clean set packaged for Upp, and then modify the patches to fit the original tree... too time consuming, really.
Also building the libs once is not an option, as I need to have them manageable with Upp at source level to be able to debug/patch them.

@Mirek : yes, almost. I'm looking for a "general" solution that could allow, for example, pushing to Bazaar *only* the packages without the main tree (which is some 30-40 MB) and make it easy to fetch original lib sources from their site.
With my way, I could provide a small upp packages tree with almost just .upp files, insert it into lib's tree and have a set of upp packages ready to use. Simple and clean, and without having to touch a single line of external libraries.

Having upp-part INSIDE the lib's directory structure would also allow to have it included in official lib distribution, which I guess could be accepted into OCE.

On Linux I can do without ../../.. paths, but I need symlinks which are not portable to windows (and clobbers the packages folders). By now I'm doing it like this and it works.
Maybe a cleaner solution would be something like that :

symlinks
    src ../../../src,
    drv ../../../drv;
files
    src/somefile.cxx,
    drv/someother.cxx;

The other problem (the big package set displayed in package manager) could also be solved in a complicated but cleaner way having some structured package tree in theide :
OCC
   -FoundationClasses
        -aToolkit
            aPackage
   -anotherModule
.........        -

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [ATTN: dolick.rce] Additioanl directory needed for Ubuntu-natty