Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » CodeEditor with user-definable syntax highlighting
CodeEditor with user-definable syntax highlighting [message #36655] Sun, 24 June 2012 10:01 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Few days ago, I thought that it might be fun to reimplement CodeEditor to support user-defined highlighting as an excersise to avoid my brain slowly rotting from all that Java code I have to write at work Smile I even started working on it in my free time, and here is a little tasting of the work done so far:
index.php?t=getfile&id=3785&private=0
The image shows CodeEditor using the highlight definition file specifying highlighting of higlighting definition files to highlight highlight definition file specifying highlighting of higlighting definition files. Pretty meta, right? Very Happy

It is based on pcre and caching. Basic highlighting works just fine, some of the higher level features (scope highlighting, matching brackets, ...) are not yet implemented and some are using the old CodeEditor code. The goal is to allow loading user specified highlighters, both at compile time (by include) and at run-time. It requires some pcre skill (or copy&paste skill Smile ) to write one, but otherwise it is very simple format as you can see above - it takes only 16 lines to describe C++ Smile This file imitates current CodeEditor:
Quote:

HL_PATTERN(INK_OPERATOR, "[\\Q!+-*/\%&|=[]:?<>.~^\\E]")
HL_PATTERN(INK_KEYWORD, " \\b(__(asm|cdecl|declspec|except|fastcall|finally|inline|int (16|32|64|8)|leave|stdcall|try|uuidof)|auto|bool|break|case| catch|char|class|const|const_cast|continue|default|delete|dl l(ex|im)port|do|double|dynamic_cast|else|enum|explicit|exter n|false|float|for|force_inline|friend|goto|if|inline|int|lon g|mutable|namespace|new|operator|private|protected|public|re gister|reinterpret_cast|return|short|signed|sizeof|static|st atic_cast|struct|switch|template|this|thread|throw|true|try| typedef|typeid|typename|union|unsigned|using|virtual|void|vo latile|while)\\b ")
HL_PATTERN(INK_UPPER, "\\b[A-Z][A-Z_0-9]*\\b")
HL_PATTERN(INK_UPP, "\\bupp\\b")
HL_PATTERN(INK_MACRO, " ^[[:space:]]*#[[:space:]]*(define|include(_next)?|(un|ifn?)d ef|endif|el(if|se)|if|warning|error|pragma|using)\\b ")
HL_PATTERN(INK_UPPMACROS, " \\b(CLASSNAME|(THIS|PTE)BACK([1-4]?)|QUOTE|X?ASSERT|X?NEVER| X?CHECK|NAMESPACE_UPP|END_UPP_NAMESPACE|NEVER_|ASSERT_)\\b ")
HL_PATTERN(INK_UPPLOGS, " \\b([DLR]?DUMP(C|CC|CC|HEX|M)?|[DLR]?LOG(F|HEX|BEGIN|END|BLO CK|HEXDUMP|SRCPOS)?|[DLR]?TIMING|DEBUGCODE|RQUOTE)\\b ")
HL_PATTERN(INK_CONST_INT, "\\b[0-9]+\\b")
HL_PATTERN(INK_CONST_HEX, "\\b0(x|X)[[:xdigit:]]+\\b")
HL_PATTERN(INK_CONST_OCT, "\\b0[0-7]+\\b")
HL_PATTERN(INK_CONST_FLOAT, "\\b[0-9]+\\.[0-9]*\\b")
HL_PATTERN(INK_CONST_STRINGOP, "TODO")
HL_PATTERN(INK_CONST_STRING, "[\"](\\.|[^\"])*[\"]")
HL_PATTERN(INK_COMMENT, "//.*")
HL_PATTERN_ML(INK_COMMENT, "/\\*", "\\*/")
HL_SCOPE("[{]", "[}]")

Best regards,
Honza

PS: Reposted from this thread.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Console decoration for DOS (windows)
Next Topic: U++ and MinGW 4.7 (-std=c++11) issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:05:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02594 seconds