Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » CodeEditor with user-definable syntax highlighting
Re: CodeEditor with user-definable syntax highlighting [message #36658 is a reply to message #36655] Sun, 24 June 2012 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Didier wrote on Sun, 24 June 2012 09:55

Hi Honza,

Very intersting Wink

Although I don't need it for the moment, it can get handy when using a DSL or wrting a new one.

What is the perfomance on large files ?

Hi Didier,

The performance is much better than I expected Smile

The worst text I tested it on was uppsrc/plugin/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.c, which is a 131071 lines long beast. Even current CodeEditor chokes on it quite badly on my system (Intel Atom N280 @1.66GHz, 1Gb RAM) Smile

It tears a lot when scrolling a too quick (i.e. thousands of lines at once), but so does current CodeEditor. This one might be slightly slower according to my benchmarks, but the majority of time is still spent in underlaying LineEditor code in both cases, so the difference is not really noticeable. Id say that subjectively the current and my new implementation are pretty much the same performance-wise.

Also, I haven't done much optimizations yet, only the basics. So it will probably get better over time (compared to current state, not to current CodeEditor code) Wink

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Console decoration for DOS (windows)
Next Topic: U++ and MinGW 4.7 (-std=c++11) issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 13:40:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02541 seconds