Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » 'Web/Web.h': No such file or directory
Re: Web/Web.h': No such file or directory Error still remaining [message #38537 is a reply to message #38536] Sat, 22 December 2012 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nixnixnix wrote on Fri, 21 December 2012 23:57

Yes. I am using the latest nightly build under MintLinux (Ubuntu) and Web is gone and HttpClient is gone too!

I have just checked lastest and it is there - in the end, I put it back, just marked it as obsolete in package description.

Quote:

Did HttpClient just get renamed to HttpRequest?

Well, the whole Web was somewhat outdated, especially socket encapsulation was sort of mess. So last year I have refactored Socket as TcpSocket in Core and then naturally I had to refactor HttpClient as HttpRequest. In the end, HttpRequest is much more powerfull, resolving issues that HttpClient had no clue about (like redirection with storing cookies), adding streaming interface etc, etc.. That is the story of Web.

Quote:

My project is a mess just now until this all gets sorted.

I think that you should go with Core for web related things now...

Htmls was canceled as it does not seem to bring the kind of advantage we thought it would. I guess that in case of HTML, going with raw text is as good as any abstraction.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Witz and Skylark weird behaviour (possibly a bug)
Next Topic: TcpSocket issues on XP but not on Win7?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 22:10:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01692 seconds