Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problem building from commandline on Linux
icon9.gif  Problem building from commandline on Linux [message #37943] Sat, 24 November 2012 13:23 Go to previous message
steffen is currently offline  steffen

Hi,

I'm trying to build my package from the command line, but I'm having trouble getting the right build flags.

In TheIde I have set the following build flags: GUI,MT,GCC,Optimal.
I have changed the "Output Mode" for my main package Debug=Full, to include the debug symbols for stack trace parsing.
This works well when compiling from inside TheIde.

When I try to compile it from the command line it seems to ignore my settings entirely:

theide UppDTS StandAlone GCC -brs +GUI,MT /home/vcas/Projects/UppDTS/StandAlone/StandAlone

Using the -d flag for debug is not possible, because that changes the optimizations flags, enables all asserts and so on. All other attempts result in a program without debug symbols.

I have tried the -M flag and looked at the generated makefile and I cant get the same result as when I export a makefile from TheIde.
Macro_StandAlone = $(Macro) -DflagMAIN <-- Wrong
vs
Macro_StandAlone = $(Macro) -DflagDEBUG_FULL -DflagMAIN <-- Correct

Is TheIde "Output Mode" settings stored somewhere outside my package dir? Perphaps ".upp/theide/cfg", if so, can I point the command line to it somehow?

My goal is to get an optimal release build, with debug symbols.
Then I strip the debug symbols from the executable file and keep them in a separate file.
Now if my program segfaults in the field it will simply generate a small list of return addresses by calling backtrace, and I can use GDB with the program and symbol file to see where it crashed.
The program is running on a small embedded system, so a full debug release is not an option, neither is full core dumps.

Everything works fine, except the command line build.
If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
Steffen

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Nonsense code in compiling output messages
Next Topic: Compiling under Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 18:52:29 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01697 seconds