Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problem building from commandline on Linux
icon14.gif  Re: Problem building from commandline on Linux [message #37989 is a reply to message #37949] Tue, 27 November 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
steffen is currently offline  steffen

Thank you very much, Honza,

I have build the umk tool and changed my build script to use it. I read somewhere in the forum, that TheIde was the umk tool on Linux, and they both seems to work equally from the command line. It might be old knowledge, so I will use the umk tool from now on.

I copied the GCC.bm file to a SYMBOL.bm file and added the DEBUG_MINIMAL flag. That seems to do the trick for my purpose.

I also changed my strip script, so I simply keep the build with the symbols around and release the stripped version for my embedded clients. Now when I get the stack addresses returned after a crash, GDB can easily convert the addresses into symbols and I can get some knowledge about where my program crashed.
Of course parameter values would be nice also, so I might add that later.

Now I have set up a vmware Slitaz based Linux, with my build script that automatically updates the source from svn, put the svn revision numbers in a non versioned file, which is then included from a small cpp file, with only these two lines:
#pragma BLITZ_PROHIBIT.
#include "../svn.version"

This way svn does not set the modified flag, as it would if I updated the source file directly.

It then builds my program, strips the debug symbols and generates a 7z archive with some configuration files and an update script.
This will really save me some time and avoid mistakes when making a release in the future.

If anyone is interested and can make use of some of it, I have attached my scripts here.

Best regards,
Steffen

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Nonsense code in compiling output messages
Next Topic: Compiling under Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 06:53:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01376 seconds