Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Skylark and GUI in one app - need some advices
Skylark and GUI in one app - need some advices [message #39771] Thu, 25 April 2013 13:17 Go to previous message
Peter is currently offline  Peter
Promising Member
Hi.

I need to write a GUI app and have the ability to control it, alter its state or terminate it remotely from a separate website (sort of administration panel). Basically, I need to integrate GUI and Skylark in a single application in some clever and elegant way.

My first thought is to add an object of class derived from SkylarkApp as a field to my GUI class and start Skylark server in a separate thread while starting the whole application. It would be something like this:

App - my GUI class inherited from TopWindow
WebInterface - inherited from SkylarkApp

App class contains WebInterface object as one of its contents.

I start the whole app with App().Run() while WebInterface constructor contains the following line:

Thread().Run(THISBACK(WorkingThread));

This way I start both GUI and Web part of my application in separate threads. I hope you have a general idea of what I intend to do. Is that approach correct or potentially dangerous?

Meanwhile, I have two urgent problems to solve and need your help.

1. Is there any standard way to stop Skylark server from within a program? Basically, I need a clean way to stop the whole application without manually killing it by pressing CRTL+C. If such funtionality is currently not available, could you please add it to U++?

2. In a recent version of U++ (build 5990) on Ubuntu 12.04
an attempt to compile the following code (a single .cpp file) with g++ 4.6 and GUI MT SSE2 flags:

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>
#include <Skylark/Skylark.h>

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
}

results in the following error:

"In file included from /home/piotr/MyApps/SkylarkTest/main.cpp:2:0:
/home/piotr/upp/uppsrc/Skylark/Skylark.h:86:15: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant"

For some reason if I change BadRequest to BadRequest1 in the following declaration in Skylark/Skylark.h

virtual void BadRequest(Http& http, const BadRequestExc& e);

the code compiles, but what's the real cause of this error? Looks like some bug in U++.

Regards

Piotr

[Updated on: Thu, 25 April 2013 14:34]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Skylark OO (reposted from PM)
Next Topic: How to close Skylark server except using Ctrl+C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:01:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02784 seconds