Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Pop3 class and reference examples for U++
Re: Pop3 class and reference examples for U++ [message #42848 is a reply to message #42698] Thu, 10 April 2014 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I've noticed that you refactored the INetMessage and SMTP classes. When I looked into the code of Smtp class I noticed that the quoted-printable encoding was hard coded into the class.
So I took the opportunity to improvise on the existing codebase. While I did not touch the Smtp class, but I wrote a generic QPEncode() function to accompany the existing QPDecode() function.
There seem to be two problems with the current QP encoding of Smtp (if I am not missing anything, or got something totally wrong Smile ):

1) It violates the maxlen (should be <= 76 chars) of quoted-printable text (RFC 1521, rule 5).
2) It does not encode horizontal tab (=09) or space (=20) at the EOL, just before the CRLF (it should). (This statement is wrong, it turns out that I misread the code, it was only implicit. Embarassed )

So, I created the function and patched accordingly the source files (inet.h, inet.cpp) and the documentation (inet$en-us.tpp)

I tested it with a lot of strings, but as usual, it always needs to be tested more. Please find enclosed the patched files.
As usual, I would be grateful if you could please review it.

EDIT: Fixed misinformation.

Regards.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 April 2014 12:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Value size ?
Next Topic: Skylark: Should escape character '$' be replaced to avoid name clash with Jquery?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:28:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02767 seconds