Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » IDE not retaining SDK path
Re: IDE not retaining SDK path [message #44517 is a reply to message #44516] Fri, 20 March 2015 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
eldiener wrote on Fri, 20 March 2015 10:04
mirek wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 18:25
eldiener wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 18:11
Using the latest version of U++ ( 8227 ) and choosing the menu Setup | Automatic setup... I enter the path to the SDK version 7.1a on my machine for VC++ 12.0. I then click the OK button. But when I next open the same dialog the path I entered is gone.

I cannot use VC++ 12.0 if the SDK paths are not there when I try to build.

That is OK. This is dialog for automatic setup of build methods. After hitting OK, build methods are created and are later editable using Setup/Build methods.

But it is clearly not creating the right directories for the Setup/Build methods. For instance I gave the path to the SDK as C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A on my machine. Then when I look at the Setup/Build methods I see for executables C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\bin\x86 which does not exist at all; for include directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\um, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\shared, and C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\winrt, none of which exist; for lib directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Lib\winv6.3\um\x86, which also does not exist. Where is the IDE getting this stuff from when clearly it is not looking in the path I gave for the Windows SDK ?

I understand I can manually change these paths but this is a bug for setting them up. Also I still do not understand why Automatic Setup does not retain the path I enter so it always know it for each new package I may add to the system. That seems to also be a bug to me.

I agree. If you search trough the forum, there are some message threads associated with VC2012 issues.

The trouble here is that it looks like there are more variants of VC2012 install than we support, it perhaps depends on variant of visual c++ and SDK. Clearly we do not have them covered all in automatic setup.

OTOH, when installing theide, MSC10 SDK is "proven". At the moment, VC2012 does not buy you much compared to this SDK...

Anyway, if you are willing to help, could you please

a) describe your setup (what compilers and SDKs have you installed, what is your OS (32/64?))
b) if you manage to fix the build method into working state, which should not be that hard, could you post it here please? We can model changes to automated setup after that...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: gcc-4.9.0
Next Topic: Installation error for tarball upp-x11-src-8756.tar.gz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:33:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01544 seconds