Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » What next?
Re: What next? [message #45626 is a reply to message #45622] Thu, 17 December 2015 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I wish I was better on marketing -- for a number of reasons. Maybe a short survey of what made us (tens of happy U++ users) make the switch to U++ could highlight the key selling points of U++, and then emphasize those points in marketing efforts.

Here's my story: I had worked years with Borland, then Watcom and finally Microsoft C++ tools. I was continuously looking (some heavy googling) for a solution to get rid of my dependence on Microsoft and their policies, (which by the way have not improved over the years, IMO). I wanted to find a suitably licensed (BSD) cross platform development solution that covered Windows, Linux and maybe *BSD. Finally 2006 I found U++ and slowly started to learn and rewrite my first application on U++. Step by step I became convinced of the superiority of U++ and started to realize how much more it was than what I had even dreamed of.

So, the initial key selling points for me were the BSD license and the cross platform development capability.

Another thing that comes to mind are the programming courses in universities, which could be a great advertising platform. A small project on U++ might give the spark. This would obviously require support from the professors.

Best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Members of structure are finally accessible through plain index
Next Topic: I've just joined the wonderful world of Linux software distribution!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 04:23:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02107 seconds