Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » What next?
Re: What next? [message #45635 is a reply to message #45631] Thu, 17 December 2015 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Thu, 17 December 2015 18:16
Hello,

- First of all, one of the easiest channel to let user know about Ultimate++ is wikipedia. Currently the article is Čeština, Deutsch, English, Español, Nederlands, Português, Русский & Polski). A lot of this article is outdated.or a little bit too small. So my proposition is to create articles for other languages (community support is required) and update/upgrade current.Even small articles especially in Chinless, Indian and Japanese (huge countries with a lot of software potential).

I welcome anybody doing that. However, it is considered "bad" to use Wikipedia to promote own ideas, so I should not meddle with the article.

BTW, a couple of days ago, I have stumbled upon a very nice proposal for wikipedia article but some "wiki intern" or something. What a shame it was not published... (unfortunately, I fail to find it again).

Quote:

- One of the problem is the heterogeneity of the brand. We have got too many brands that is hard to remember. We have Ultimate++, U++, TheIDE etc.. Especially the last brand (TheIDE) may cause misunderstandings. Maybe it should be something else that shows it is related to Ultimate++ like U++IDE Ultimate++ IDE etc..

Actually, the name was likely a one of mistakes. It sounds like ranting. That is why later I have rather tried to promote U++.

In fact, maybe we should change the name.

Quote:

- In 2016 Ultimate++ should participate in Google Summer of Code. Conclusions regarding past failures must be drawn. Google Summer of Code is good opportunity to attract new and perspective (young) developers.

Maybe. But it would be just pointless PR stunt with little impact (who reads all these applications outside Google?). And Google will not choose us, because we are unknown.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Members of structure are finally accessible through plain index
Next Topic: I've just joined the wonderful world of Linux software distribution!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 21:17:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01986 seconds