Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » How to do fast Append & scroll in LineEdit with MT?
Re: How to do fast Append & scroll in LineEdit with MT? [message #45703 is a reply to message #45699] Thu, 24 December 2015 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Thu, 24 December 2015 01:03
cbpporter wrote on Mon, 21 December 2015 12:39
Yeah, using the code from Console that manipulates selection and uses Paste I got 11 seconds.

If you provide me with testcase, I can either advise what you are doing wrong, or, if nothing, optimize LineEdit Smile

IMO there is not technical reason why that should be slow.

Sorry, I won't be able to provide test-cases probably until January. But if you are curious, you could run a program that print numbers form 0 to 100000 in a for loop, each followed by a '\n', an time how much it takes for TheIDE to capture and display the output.

There will be differences based on relative computer power, but for me with my solution it takes 300 ms, so that's a starting point. If it is hundreds of ms, it is fine. If it is 11 seconds, like in my case, there might be some problems Smile.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What do you think about this approach to making CodeEditor more user extendable?
Next Topic: NotNull can be fooled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:28:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08318 seconds