Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Problem in example code (Tried SplitterFrame yet minor problem.)
Re: Problem in example code [message #45736 is a reply to message #45734] Thu, 31 December 2015 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

vegaonline wrote on Thu, 31 December 2015 07:14
Thanks for the explanation.

I am sorry asking too many and silly questions. Please consider me as a learner who likes to clear confusion. Although the concept and implement of U++ is superb, "theide" is also great! I am surprised to see why I did not find this tool before!

You are welcome. Everyone on this forum knows that U++ has pretty steep learning curve and that the documentation doesn't always make everything clear. So the newbies are expected to ask many questions, and there is also many people willing to answer.

1. I find that upp.out directory contains all the upp related staff and ~/MyApps/Testing contains all .cpp, .lay and .h files. If I want to build an application and like to run on some other machine not having Upp or other staffs installed, how can I do it? I found that in my machine, I can run executable file Testing built at ~/upp.out/MyApps/GCC.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Shared/.
Yes, all the intermediate files (object files and libraries) are stored in upp.out (or whatever path you configure). The resulting binary is by default stored there to, but this can be easily changed. Just go to Build -> Output mode and there is a field labeled "Target file override" (actually there is two of them, one for debug mode and for release). If you check the checkbox there, TheIDE will create the binary with the path and name specified in the corresponding input field.

All you need to do to run any U++ program on other machine is to copy this single binary. Often it works out of the box, but sometimes there might be some libraries that are not installed on the other machine, but that is usually pretty easy to figure out and fix just by installing them using distribution packages. It might also happen that the other machine contains some of those libraries in version incompatible with those on the machine used to build your app, in which case it is bit harder to fix and it might be actually easier to just install theide and compile your package from source Smile

2. Can I plot mathematical graphs etc.? Can I use codes with matplotlib in python or U++ has own widgets?
Check ScatterCtrl package.

I am making a GUI for my App which is a small scientific application for my experimental device which needs a menu while one menu item shall open a small panel in same window to input text and data, while the other panel in the same window shall erase earlier panel and may plot some files in 2D, 3D, contour etc.
That should be a piece of cake in U++ Smile For multiple windows at once, see part 6 of GUI tutorial. For 2D plots, there is already mentioned Scatter package and for 3D, there is GlCtrl. Together, you should be able to do what you need.

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Issues using 2015.2 version
Next Topic: How to build FREBSD *.so in Windows?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 06:24:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02050 seconds