Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » SFTP or full SSH2 support for U++? (Discussion about implementing the SSH2 protocol using libssh2)
Re: SFTP or full SSH2 support for U++? [message #48385 is a reply to message #48384] Wed, 28 June 2017 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:
Re: SFTP or full SSH2 support for U++? Wed, 28 June 2017 15:46
Tom1
Hi Oblivion,

This looks good. However, I may need to wait for the following item on your task list to be completed:

- Ship libssh2 library with the package.

Compiling libssh2 became a bit frustrating on my Windows system, so I decided to rather wait for libssh2 becoming part of the delivery. In my view, the libssh2 should be embedded inside your SSH package in a way that the whole package just gets built and statically linked in Windows like any other package without dependencies. Well, I guess the dependency of Core/SSL should be there to make it work.

Best regards,

Tom

Hello Tom,

Of course I am going to include the libssh2 package in the following days (probably next week). Smile
There's too much frustration about libssh2's windows build. And those complaints are usually right.
The problem is that the libssh2 team didn't seem to provide a clear compilation guide.
While I personally prefer OpenSSL, it is not mandatory for libssh2. Windows has CNG since Vista. I can make it an option too.

Fortunately It is actually very easy to compile libssh2 on windows. (which makes you get even more frustrated, finding this after hours of of code-digging).

In the mean time I can write a step by step guide (with screenshots) on how to compile it on Windows (using mingw64, with optional OpenSSL or WinCNG).

Best regards,
Oblivion.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 June 2017 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help needed with link errors (serversocket)
Next Topic: Ultimate++ repo and chat?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 12:59:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02834 seconds