Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » libpng on Linux
Re: libpng on Linux [message #46698 is a reply to message #46697] Thu, 14 July 2016 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Luigi,

In theory, it should be simple: Open the package organizer, choose plugin/png, remove the line that specifies linking with png when !WIN32 and add a new compiler option "-DflagWIN32".

In practice however, it results in segfaults, because "Incompatible libpng version in application and library". Upon further inspection, it turns out that libgdk_pixbuf-2.0 is linked against libpng, which causes further problems. You'd have to link that statically as well, but that might be a lot more trouble than with libpng. But it can be avoided simply by using X11 backend.

Of course, this is more complicated than I originally assumed in my first post. It actually might not be a very good idea to do all this just to make things work everywhere. I'd rather suggest to look at OBS or some similar service that would allow you to build your software for wide variety of distributions. Of course it depends whether you deal with open source or proprietary software. There would be probably more work needed to keep the sources private, but it is doable as well - OBS is opensource so you could run your own private instance.

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: can any one use sciter?
Next Topic: Version of libmysqlclient.so
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 22:47:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02679 seconds