Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » How to distribute some parts of Core in another library?
Re: How to distribute some parts of Core in another library? [message #46886 is a reply to message #46885] Tue, 06 September 2016 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Well, it is certainly re-implemented, but visually it can range from different to 99% identical.

Some simple functions like Char, IsId and what-not are 100% identical in a language with C like syntax and there is no way around it.

And to be honest, for some functions, I did start of with cop and pasting the relevant code from CParser, making it compile as is and then redesigning it.

With redesign I mean things like making comments nest optionally (can give you the code for CParser too Smile ), making it not null-terminated, making it more Unicode and so on.

But it is the same design.

And this is why it is confusing. I certainly do not wish to appropriate something that is not mine, nor to not pay proper respects.

Nor do I want a 30 page license like: http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$About$en-us.html

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message