Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » CoWork::Finish() can wait in a worker thread while there are jobs to do
Re: CoWork::Finish() can wait in a worker thread while there are jobs to do [message #47130 is a reply to message #47129] Fri, 16 December 2016 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I do not believe that 'jumping to higher priority' really helps (but depends on how you define priority...).

Realistically, I am going to keep it on the safe side here. I think that eventual benefit from 'global jobs' is really small and dangers of really unexpected behavior are high. Really, think when the Finish would really go to perform global job: It is when all of its CoWork jobs are spend, means it is waiting for workers to finish the last pieces of work. That should be quite short periods of time.

BTW, here is some reading:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/12/09/tbb-schedu ler-clandestine-evolution

(however, that thing seems a bit overengineered to me, but I believe it illustrates some points)

All that said, are you solving the real problem (in your code), or just poking around CoWork sources?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Index find on complex match
Next Topic: High resolution TimeStop code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 03:49:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02512 seconds