FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » U++ 2017 beta
Re: U++ 2017 beta [message #47168 is a reply to message #47151] Sun, 25 December 2016 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MrSarup
Hello Mirek,

In my post above, you notice description of errors during compilation. This resulted becaused I made a mistake from the following link here:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$download$en-us.html

Here, I downloaded 5431 because there is rpm in there! My mistake was not to see the date.
Anyway, the correct URL for Stable release should be the following, which the redirection needs to take in there:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2015.2/

As I use Cento 7, I obviously downloaded from the link given there under "Fedora" and "Stable releases"! Consequently, I have installed "successfully" a version build 5431 prepared in middle ages. After starting to work with gcc, I immediately found this out!

Now I downloaded the nightly build 10577M.

Inside the upp-x11-src-10577M.tar.gz, the upp.spec has a wrong rpmbuild command. This should be as follows:

rpmbuild -tb --define 'version 10577M' --define "date $(LC_TIME=En date '+%a %b %d %Y')" upp-x11-src-10577M.tar.gz
#define version 10577M

Do correct this. I do find a lot of relative use of path, which is just a headache. The best is to use absolute path that could be substituted. Define once and generate with absolute parameters, instead of relative path.

After this, i.e. executing the above command for rpmbuild in bold, I could not build or compile theIDE with the above command. This is obviously the equivalent of a sequence of entering in the untarred dir and executing make from there.

On Centos 7 64bits, the version 10577M may not get build (or on any linux for that matter) because it is not ready yet. Or there is something that I am still missing or not doing the right thing. Following are the errors:

mkdir -p /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/upp-x11-src-10577M/out/plugin/bmp//home/cxl/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Mt-Posix-Shared/
mkdir -p /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/upp-x11-src-10577M/out/RichText//home/cxl/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Mt-Posix-Shared/
mkdir -p /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/upp-x11-src-10577M/out/plugin/png//home/cxl/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Mt-Posix-Shared/
c++ -c -x c++ -O3 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -std=c++0x -I. -pthread -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/libpng15 -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/harfbuzz   -DflagGUI -DflagMT -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX -DflagPOSIX -DflagMAIN  ide/BaseDlg.cpp -o /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/upp-x11-src-10577M/out/ide//home/cxl/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Main-Mt-Posix-Shared/BaseDlg.o
In file included from ./Core/Core.h:329:0,
                 from ./Esc/Esc.h:4,
                 from ./ide/Core/Core.h:4,
                 from ./ide/Common/Common.h:4,
                 from ide/ide.h:4,
                 from ide/BaseDlg.cpp:1:
./Core/Map.hpp: In member function 'void Upp::Index<T>::Sweep()':
./Core/Map.hpp:268:8: error: call of overloaded 'Sort(Upp::Vector<int>&)' is ambiguous
  Sort(b);
        ^
./Core/Map.hpp:268:8: note: candidates are:
In file included from ./Core/Core.h:269:0,
./Core/Sort.h:119:6: note: void Upp::Sort(Range&) [with Range = Upp::Vector<int>]
 void Sort(Range& c)
      ^
./Core/Sort.h:125:6: note: void Upp::Sort(Range&&) [with Range = Upp::Vector<int>&]
 void Sort(Range&& c) { Sort(c); }
      ^
In file included from ./Core/Core.h:329:0,
./Core/Map.hpp: In member function 'void Upp::AMap<K, T, V>::Sweep()':
./Core/Map.hpp:590:8: error: call of overloaded 'Sort(Upp::Vector<int>&)' is ambiguous
  Sort(b);
        ^
./Core/Map.hpp:590:8: note: candidates are:
In file included from ./Core/Core.h:269:0,
./Core/Sort.h:119:6: note: void Upp::Sort(Range&) [with Range = Upp::Vector<int>]
 void Sort(Range& c)
      ^
./Core/Sort.h:125:6: note: void Upp::Sort(Range&&) [with Range = Upp::Vector<int>&]
 void Sort(Range&& c) { Sort(c); }
      ^
make: *** [/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/upp-x11-src-10577M/out/ide//home/cxl/Scripts/GCCMK.bm-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Main-Mt-Posix-Shared/BaseDlg.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/upp-x11-src-10577M/uppsrc'
error: Bad exit status from /root/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.Bwwh4d (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /root/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.Bwwh4d (%build)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 December 2016 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message