FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » U++ 2017 beta
Re: U++ 2017 beta [message #47195 is a reply to message #47194] Wed, 28 December 2016 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MrSarup
Hello cbpporter,
cbpporter wrote on Wed, 28 December 2016 13:01

My review of the beta continues...
So In conclusion:
- The quality of the code in the packages is at its usual high standards and U++ is a great library
- installing and ease of getting started is at the same all time low it has been for a year now
- MINGW will never be good until Mirek switches over to it fully for at least 2 months, not touching MSC in this period.

My review of the community of U++ continues...

I concluded the U++ community is in beta. Thus, I received little support from the community.

Whatever the little support I have received, I would like to draw your attention to my postings here because it related to the compatibility issue you have addressed in your above post:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=9820 &start=0&

Of course, it relates to Linux with Centos and Fedora flavor. So, our conclusion - as a new comer - about the U++ is:

- DO NOT USE U++ UNTIL IT IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH GCC ON LINUX!

Hello Mirek,

I have failed to grasp the intention of developers on launching and maintaining this beautiful project while leaving a very fundamental issue of installation and ease of working with it aside.

It appears to me that developers have really not paid much attention on other platform other than windows + android.

While it works like charm on windows, it does not work as easy on other platform. The Era of Bill's Monopoly is gone. We live in a cross-platform world today. My suggestion to developers for further development:

- Maintain the beta status further until the cross-platform compatibility is achieved!

- Freeze everything of what is there TODAY!

- Work on CROSS PLATFORM CONCEPT FIRST. By making compatible on every platform, provide a much better installer for other platforms, line Centos, Fedora and assure that users could very easily install, compile and re-use examples.

- Assure that a user has - from install to compile - least headache, at least for new comers.

- Learn on how to make packages in an efficient matter and provide binary distribution with technologies like FPM.

Have nice holidays ....

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message