FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » U++ 2017 beta
Re: U++ 2017 beta [message #47206 is a reply to message #47203] Wed, 28 December 2016 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Dear MrSarup, I would like to thank you for your comments. They mean a lot for us.

To build console application outside TheIDE you need to use utilities called UMK (Ultimate make) that builds ultimate package from terminal. More information about that tool can be found on the following documentation http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$umk$en-us.html. The you can code everything from your vi or emacs. And you cannot build upp packages with plain g++ command right now.

Backing to Fedora and Cent OS - we can have there some problems. Personally, I didn't use that kinds of distribution so bugs can be presented there. Probably, we need there good maintainer, but as you said community is tiny. So, thus ensuring support is hard.

Someone says that finding visual studio from registry was good idea. I agree with that and think that this should be recovered fast. I don't know why we drooped it - it works nice on my configuration. I remembered that Mirek tall something that it doesn't work in some cases. But, as cpborder said we can where user accepts the paths found from registry. However this decision belongs to Mirek.

The next problem I found here is that many persons post that U++ has got bugs with MinGW and gdb. I am aware that at the moment we cannot fixed everything. We do not have many resources - the main developer is Mirek. Sometimes I commit new code for TheIDE - but this is rather hobby than my regular work. So, the code is done when i want to. So, if somebody want to help with development of u++ - we can create more svn account to make thinks faster and give more accounts on redmine. In a word, we need more word class developers to make thinks works better.

The last, but not least is of course money. We cannot work full time on that project. We need to find better ways of financing this project. Maybe I don't know 48 hours e-mail support for fee, advertisements in TheIDE, more aggressive donation campaigning etc. I know that some users may don't like it, but money is important for the further development. We can make discussion about this in another topic.

I relay believe ++ has strong potential - that we should better use. In my opinion the two most important factor is lack of new active developers and money to make current developers more productive. However, even with that problems it is fantastic framework - that is used by many happy users. Mirek dose fantastic job here - at some point of my life he was a relay good mentor for me. At the end I would like to wish you dear U++ all the best in 2017.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 December 2016 23:18]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif