Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Compile error on Fedora 25 x86_64 (abs redefinition and include that goes wrong?)
Re: Compile error on Fedora 25 x86_64 [message #47182 is a reply to message #47180] Sun, 25 December 2016 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
What I have found so far:

- Fedora, Redhat and Centos have removed the _desktopdir variable, so upp.spec needed to use "%{_datadir}/applications" instead. This is fixed in the provided upp.spec and has been committed too in svn.

- You build your rpm package as root, am I write? You should build your rpm package with a standard user account.

- Previous stable version of ultimate++ source won't build without manual fix on new linux distributions due to changes in external dependencies. Ultimate++ 10577M snapshot doesn't have this issue and is up to date. Thank to Mirek to point that out.

- Before compiling, you need to install all required devel packages and tools. So as root type:
yum install gtk2-devel pango-devel atk-devel cairo-devel libnotify-devel bzip2-devel xorg-x11-server-devel freetype-devel expat-devel rpm-build gcc-c++

Then to compile upp from source, login using your user account, download upp-x11-src-10577M.tar.gz and upp.spec and type in a terminal:
mkdir ~/rpmbuild/{BUILD,BUILDROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}
cp upp-x11-src-10577M.tar.gz ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/
cp upp.spec ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/
rpmbuild -bb --define 'version 10577M' --define "date $(LC_TIME=En date '+%a %b %d %Y')" ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/upp.spec

Note :

1. You will be able to build directly from tarball when the new upp.spec will be included in the new snapshot. Tomorrow I guess.
2. If my instructions above don't work on Centos, tell me witch version of Centos so I can test it too and find a solution.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Are there any plans to convert U++ comments to format as DOXYGEN / JAVADOC?
Next Topic: Requirement Spellvariant -> new Feature for spelling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 10:10:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02505 seconds