Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Compile error on Fedora 25 x86_64 (abs redefinition and include that goes wrong?)
Re: Compile error on Fedora 25 x86_64 [message #47193 is a reply to message #47192] Tue, 27 December 2016 12:30 Go to previous message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
The issue is really not rpmbuild related. It's a gcc version compatibility issue I guess.
Ultimate++ uses c++ features a lot and upp source code has been fixed to be compatible with last gcc and headers from dependencies.

Compiling just one source file won't resolve the issue. To compile SocketServer.cpp, you need part of the Core library and you won't have Core without fixing those "ambiguous overloaded methods" errors.
When you run make inside upp root directory, you don't just build theide, you build all libraries first.

If you want to build a version of ultimate++ that is compatible with Centos 7, you must use the last (OLD) stable release.
Note :
- I say old because it is based on Redhat and not Fedora.
- I don't know ultimate++ enough to fix the new snapshot source code.

The following instructions will work perfectly on Centos:

- Create rpmbuild directories: mkdir ~/rpmbuild/{BUILD,BUILDROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}
- Install required build dependencies: yum install gtk2-devel pango-devel atk-devel cairo-devel libnotify-devel bzip2-devel xorg-x11-server-devel freetype-devel expat-devel rpm-build gcc-c++ gcc
- Download upp-x11-src-10597M.tar.gz (last snapshot) from here http://www.ultimatepp.org/downloads/upp-x11-src-10597M.tar.gz
- Download upp-x11-src-9251.tar.gz (last stable release) from sourceforge https:// sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2015.2/upp-x11-src-92 51.tar.gz/download
- Uncompress upp-x11-src-10597M.tar.gz (snapshot)
- Copy upp.spec from the uncompressed upp-x11-src-10597M/ directory into ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/
- Copy upp-x11-src-9251.tar.gz (stable release) into ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/
- Build upp: rpmbuild -bb --define 'version 9251' --define "date $(LC_TIME=En date '+%a %b %d %Y')" ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/upp.spec

As you can see, my instructions from my first post do work for the stable release.

And if you don't want to build rpm but just want to compile ultimate++:
- Install required build dependencies: yum install gtk2-devel pango-devel atk-devel cairo-devel libnotify-devel bzip2-devel xorg-x11-server-devel freetype-devel expat-devel rpm-build gcc-c++ gcc
- Download upp-x11-src-9251.tar.gz (last stable release) from sourceforge https:// sourceforge.net/projects/upp/files/upp/2015.2/upp-x11-src-92 51.tar.gz/download
- Uncompress upp-x11-src-9251.tar.gz (last stable release)
- Change dir to upp-x11-src-9251
- Build upp with just: make

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Are there any plans to convert U++ comments to format as DOXYGEN / JAVADOC?
Next Topic: Requirement Spellvariant -> new Feature for spelling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 09:16:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02688 seconds