Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Painter Fill with Image MSC14x64 performance issue
Painter Fill with Image MSC14x64 performance issue [message #47377] Tue, 10 January 2017 14:17 Go to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Mirek,

In your free time (does it even exist?) could you take a look at this?

Using Fill in e.g. BufferPainter to draw an Image (with FAST_FILL option) performs slower than expected when compiled with MSC14x64 compared to e.g. MSC14. For example, a 256x256 pixel Image zoomed in to cover the whole UHD display resolution takes about 97 ms to render when compiled with MSC14x64, whereas the same only takes 59 ms for MSC14. On Linux, the typical performance figures are between 50 ms (CLANG) and 60 ms (GCC), but these are measured on a VirtualBox virtual machine on top of my Windows 10, so I'm not 100 % confident about these Linux numbers.

Mostly I have experienced small to moderate speed improvements when switching to 64-bit, but now it's the other way around and with quite a big marginal too.

Is there a way to make the code more x64 friendly to squeeze more speed out of it?

PainterExamples demonstrates this issue when using fast_fill for an image rendered at e.g. 3x.

(I do not know if this has any significance for the subject, but my CPU is an Intel i7 and OS is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.)

If you are way too busy to look at this, could you point to the place in Painter package where I should start looking at?

Best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Painter Text Underline/Strikeout not working
Next Topic: is it possible to attach a Ctrl to a freshly drawn item?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:25:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00945 seconds