Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Archlinux AUR (Considering adopting U++ packages)
Re: Archlinux AUR [message #47955 is a reply to message #47954] Wed, 26 April 2017 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eremiell is currently offline  Eremiell
Promising Member
dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 26 April 2017 21:41
Ok, here is my suggestion: If you're interested, take the upp-nightly and upp-git packages and bring them up to date with current AUR guidelines. Feel free to contact me via PM or email (or in person, I see you're from Prague too Smile) if you want to discuss how the building/packaging works. When those packages are in good shape, you can take over the stable branch and modernize it as well. For now, I have updated the stable to 2017.1, so there is no rush.

I'm onto it. Sadly still too much work to actually steal an evening for myself and some packaging. This week's terrible so far as work goes, which is luckily quite rarish lately.

I used to have scripts to publish the nightly packages too. (Yes, I did that one too, but it got lost during migration from AUR3 to AUR4. Fusion809 created them afresh later and I totally forgot about it in my previous post.) Most of the time the scripts worked, but it always took me way too long to notice when something broke. So my tip for you would be to think about some kind of monitoring Wink

I see. Sure, I plan to hand monitor it on some semi-regular basis. I just know, there are days, when I have too much other stuff to do and want to deliver the latest asap. It's also obviously much less work unless something changes and breaks stuff.

Theide.install can be dropped, since pacman hooks run 'update-desktop-database' automatically. The GCC.bm is not used during build. It is present in the package to be installed as a default build method for theide/umk. It would be actually much better if it could be generated automatically during build or even during installation (to make sure that the paths and settings are correct for the final user). Also, it would be nice to generate similar file for Clang. Amrein already did something like that for RPM packages, you can have a look in uppbox/Scripts - it also contains many other interesting things, e.g. the script which builds the tarball.

Very well. I'll look into it asap, once I fix the deadline on fire.

I've seen some Czech sounding names around, but better to never presume, where people are from. If you wish to meet in person in Prague for some nice chat about U++, C++, Arch and stuff, I'm certainly open. I'm pretty much free on any day I don't have imminent deadlines, I don't teach and I don't have huge sleep deficit from the combination of the previous two. Smile

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tarball issues
Next Topic: size unzipped download installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:52:26 CEST 2024