Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » C++11 issue under Linux (Error occuring after upgrade)
Re: C++11 issue under Linux [message #48044 is a reply to message #48039] Fri, 12 May 2017 21:44 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

1) "Common C++ options" is used to compile all files that belongs to c++ space like .cpp .cxx etc. Common options is mainly used by all files - for example i used it to put all warning related flags "-Wall -Wextra" in GCC front-end. OK - I see that there is no documentation about "Build methods" layout - I think this is the documentation site with the high priority. I will create one when I found free time.

I am not the ppa user - so it would be good if the experts in this area will give you the answer.

2) The build methods are kept under the following directory (POSIX environment) "/home/klugier/.upp/theide/". Please notice that you could import build method by only with "bm" extension in "Setup -> Build Methods..". If you want to import bundled build method (it is recommended when you update theide manually) just change the extension and import. This is the trick but it is nice to know that.

3) Well, the migration process is not so hard as many can thing it is. First of all you need to understand the new features of Core. So go to the "Tutorials" and select "Core". Read about all new facilities and migrate - your code will gain on that operation.

About migrating to the new upp platforms. There is not tutorials - however you could look at updated documentation site. When i write new feature into TheIDE i likely to write documentation. We will need to do that for our new "Macro Manger" with Omari Smile

If you want to help or you have some attentions to the documentation. Fell free to post articles - we will be glad Smile

____________________________________________________________ _________
I found that there is nice article on the site with updated screen shots Wink. There you can spotted http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$GettingStarted$en-us.html build method layout.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 May 2017 21:49]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: How does one determine the byte order of the RGBA struct?
Next Topic: install UPP on a new laptop with Win 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:08:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02770 seconds