FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Google code shutting down
Google code shutting down [message #44444] Thu, 12 March 2015 20:43 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,

Google has announced that Google Code is shutting down. Any thoughts on what is going to happen to the public U++ subversion mirror?

Honza
Re: Google code shutting down [message #44454 is a reply to message #44444] Fri, 13 March 2015 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andreincx is currently offline  andreincx
Promising Member
Maybe it's time to move on from subversion Rolling Eyes to git? Smile
And mirror it to gitorious/github/bitbucket to offload the server.
Re: Google code shutting down [message #44525 is a reply to message #44454] Sun, 22 March 2015 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victorb is currently offline  victorb
I have set up a github mirror: https://github.com/ultimatepp/upp

see this thread for more info: http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=43 093&#msg_43093

The sync is currently run from my local machine, may be it is time to make
something more official ?
Re: Google code shutting down [message #44541 is a reply to message #44525] Wed, 25 March 2015 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep is currently offline  deep
Experienced Member
How frequently it is synched?

Warm Regards

Deepak
Re: Google code shutting down [message #44543 is a reply to message #44541] Thu, 26 March 2015 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
After considering all options, I think the best course of action is to move mirror to sourceforge.net.

GIT mirror is a nice addition though - I will gladly add needed crons and scripts to server(s).

Mirek
Re: Google code shutting down [message #44715 is a reply to message #44444] Wed, 03 June 2015 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madscientist_42 is currently offline  madscientist_42
In light of the recent events of SourceForge employees hijacking the project download areas and adding adverts and adware onto Windows installers, I would think that this is a bad idea. If you're making the decision due to an affection with Subversion, that's not a sound decision, to be blunt.

You should use the best technical solution, and that's Mercurial or Git at this time. I'll have...issues and concerns...if you guys move it over to Source Forge (As an observation, prior to the incident, I'd probably have just grumbled and let it go without comment. Now, however...)

Right now I'm not using it extensively, but with the latest versions and the stuff showing up in the Bazaar that make it worth considering for app development...I'd hate to see the project make this sort of mistake right now.
Re: Google code shutting down [message #44718 is a reply to message #44715] Thu, 04 June 2015 08:44 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
madscientist_42 wrote on Wed, 03 June 2015 19:19
In light of the recent events of SourceForge employees hijacking the project download areas and adding adverts and adware onto Windows installers, I would think that this is a bad idea. If you're making the decision due to an affection with Subversion, that's not a sound decision, to be blunt.

You should use the best technical solution, and that's Mercurial or Git at this time. I'll have...issues and concerns...if you guys move it over to Source Forge (As an observation, prior to the incident, I'd probably have just grumbled and let it go without comment. Now, however...)

Right now I'm not using it extensively, but with the latest versions and the stuff showing up in the Bazaar that make it worth considering for app development...I'd hate to see the project make this sort of mistake right now.

Please calm down Smile We are speaking about svn mirror here, nothing more...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Interesting: with GTK backend, strtod does not work (correctly)
Next Topic: Looking for windows compiler possibilities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:57:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01420 seconds