Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h.
Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37210 is a reply to message #37209] Thu, 06 September 2012 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 05 September 2012 23:36

Oblivion wrote on Wed, 05 September 2012 18:57

Hello,

I have tried to compile the latest TheIDE/U++ svn build (as of september 5, 2012, it is theide-nogtk-svn 5318-1) from the AUR on my ArchLinux desktop, but compilation process failed with the following error:

./aur-theide-nogtk-svn/src/uppsvn/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.h:9:21: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: no such file or directory

I don't have gtk installed in my machine. Does "nogtk" version also depend on gtk?? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi Oblivion,

That looks wrong Sad I looked quickly into the code and I believe ChGtk.h should be included only when NOGTK flag is not present. Could you capture and post a complete log of the build? Something like:
yaourt -S theide-nogtk-svn --noconfirm &> theide.log

There might be some error in the PKGBUILD. I use it regularly, but I have gtk installed, so I probably wouldn't spot the problem...

Best regards,
Honza

Hello Honza,

Thank you for your quick reply, and efforts in bringing my favourite C++ framework to ArchLinux. Smile

I have attached the log. Some parts of the warning message are in Turkish, if you need to know but can't figure out what those lines mean, I'll translate it into English, but afaik they don't seem to be very important. The error message you are looking for is at the line: 3253

Regards
  • Attachment: theide.log
    (Size: 167.90KB, Downloaded 355 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2012 01:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message