Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » First Impressions (about theIDE) and [FEATURE REQUEST]
Re: First Impressions [message #1337 is a reply to message #1336] Tue, 28 February 2006 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
iplayfast is currently offline  iplayfast
After deleting the subdirectory which contained my app, and recreating it. The <temp-aux> was highlighted showing a totally different application.

This is confusing.

Also it seems that there are many files that get opened up in the course of the session. (Then again I'm looking through examples as well). It would be nice to have some method to close all source files not directly related to the project that is highlighted.

The .lay file still could not be edited, even after recreating the application. After closing the ide and starting up again it was able to edit the .lay file. It looks like some variable isn't being set when an application is created.

How do you create a new file? I see how to add existing files, but no creation of new ones.

Just found the set info button. As usual a beautiful screen pops up that is just full of buttons. It looks like a word processor. I have no idea what is expected here. The default info for the class, or some code or some values? Perhaps if comments are allowed here, maybe a text explaination would be useful.

Maybe you need a beginner's option in the main menu to turn on default code or comments which would show examples of what is expected at various points in the program.

Buttons like ctx and id don't explain their context or meaning well enough. Though perhaps this is tutorial material.

I like the Generate Code button. Except no code was generated. Where did it go? I was expecting a file to be created and added to the project. So, does this mean I'm supposed to cut and paste the generated code?

As usual please don't take these comments as harsh critisum, It is meant to be contructive suggestions, while I'm still a newbie.

Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message