Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ infrastructure server...
Re: U++ infrastructure server... [message #16746 is a reply to message #16743] Wed, 09 July 2008 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I think (thought I must test it, but) that it's possible to build 32 bit upp on ubuntu 64 bit.
It should be possible because, for example, wine is 32 bit and it can be built on 64, given needed libraries are installed.
So, one problem should go away Smile
BTW, you can even run upp 32 bit on 64 bit machine, if you've got the needed 32 bit libs installed.
The opposite (building for 64 bit on 32) if possible it's quite more difficult.

For windows builds, I think with wine we wouldn't have problems neither. You can make a batch file and run with wine through cmd.exe (or command.com). Easy task too... I'm using wine quite a lot for autocad and I can set it up well.

About access to server, you could setup also a per-developer username/password, and limit access to sensible stuff just when needed. It sounds paranoid, maybe, but for my experience more harm can come by mistakes than by viruses/malware Smile
With acl you can fine-tune user access on server, even it's not too simple to setup.... but the setup is just once.
With that way you could also separate docs access from main three access, giving more users the ability to contribute to documentation without leaving code access open to all.

Ciao

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Documentation and Topic++
Next Topic: Assist++ future