U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » More new functions
Re: More new functions [message #18916 is a reply to message #18804] Fri, 31 October 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Messages: 3461
Registered: August 2008
Senior Veteran
Hello luzr

I agree. I begin to work.

About SysOS and SysCPU:
-
String GetName();	// Windows  Linux
Well... touché!

- I agree with your code:
CompareVersion("2.4.5", "2.5.2") < 0

- I will also include distro identification

Somebody could say that the user do know the OS, desktop, distro, cpu, etc. as it is his/her computer. But:
- Some info is interesting for the program itself, as knowing which desktop is installed
- In case of errors the program can do accurate reports to be sent to the developers.

But for SysCPU, I will reduce the number of functions...

I will also include this functions:

// I do not like this name. Perhaps:
// GetExtProgram() or GetProgramFromExtension()
String GetExtExecutable(const char *ext);
bool LaunchFile(const String& file);

int LaunchCommand(const char *cmd, void (*readCallBack)(String &));
int LaunchCommand(const char *cmd, String &ret);

bool FileCat(const char *file, const char *appendFile);

Best regards
Koldo


Best regards
IƱaki
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Simple app-wide "macros"
Next Topic: Grid helper
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 28 18:37:32 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01226 seconds